Rock Music Quiz Questions
Nancy Spungeon – was the girlfriend of which punk performer?
Which grunge purveyor blew his brains out in 1994?
Which glam rocker proclaimed himself the “Godfather of Punk”?
Who was murdered by his father on his birthday in 1984?
Who had No1 albums in 1982 with “Number of the Beast” and “Seventh Son of a Seventh Son” in 1988?
Which interviewer challenged the Sex Pistols to swear on TV?
Which 19605 hit singer was famous for his trousers splitting on stage?
Which group made the top ten in 1991 after 20 minor hits over 15 years?
Which rock superstar did Mark Chapman gun down?
“Aquarius” came from which show that shocked 1960’s audiences?
Round 1 Answers
- Sid Vicious
- Kurt Cobain
- Marc Bolan
- Marvin Gaye
- Iron Maiden
- Bill Grundy
- P. J Proby
- John Lennon
- Who started life as John Lydon?
- Who recorded “Grimly Fiendish” with the record number GRIM 1?
- Who recorded — and set himself on — “Fire”?
- The video for whose hit “Blurred Lines” was banned by YouTube in 2013?
- In 1993 what was Snoop Doggy Dogg arrested for?
- Which Frankie Goes to Hollywood hit was banned by the BBC?
- Which group was formed by Jello Biafra in the late 19705?
- Who was manager of the Sex Pistols?
- The film “The Rose” was loosely based on whose life?
- Which actress should have partnered Serge Gainsbourg on “Je t’aime” but withdrew from the project?
Round 2 Answers
- Johnny Rotten
- Arthur Brown
- Robin Thicke
- A charge of murder
- Dead Kennedys
- Malcolm McLaren
- Janis Joplin
- Brigitte Bardot
- Which Sinatra song did Sid Vicious record?
- Who were the “Hersham Boys”?
- What is Boy George’s real name?
- Whose stage act included simulated “killings” of a doll and a chicken?
- Reg Presley was said to be “too suggestive” with which group?
- Which cult hero did Val Kilmer play in a 1991 Oliver Stone movie?
- Who in 1966 spoke of being “more popular than Jesus”?
- At which event did Janet Jackson have a revealing wardrobe malfunction?
- Which Australasian rock band included singer Michael Hutchence?
- Who released the then extremely controversial “Let’s Spend the Night Together” in 1967?
Round 3 Answers
- My Way
- Sham 69
- George Alan O’Dowd
- Alice Cooper
- The Troggs
- Jim Morrison
- John Lennon – about the Beatles
- The Super Bowl
- The Rolling Stones