Skip to content
Round 1 Question
- What was the nickname of General Norman Schwarzkopf?
- Which Premier league-winning manager was called “The Tinkerman”?
- Which Scottish city is nicknamed “Granite City”?
- Who refers to the Queen as “Gan Gan”?
- What is nicknamed “The Thunderer”?
- Who was the “Cheekie Chappie”?
- What name is given to veteran Labour MP Dennis Skinner?
- Which Italian football team are called “la Vecchia Signora”?
- Who was “The Thin White Duke”?
- Who was the “Grey Man” of English politics?
Round 1 Answers
- Claudio Ranieri
- Prince George
- The Times
- Max Miller
- The Beast of Bolsover
- David Bowie
- John Major
Round 2 Questions
- What nickname is given to Santa Clara County in California?
- Where in England is “The Faithful City“?
- What name would you associate with Arthur Marx?
- What name was given to the overweight boy in “Lord of the Flies”?
- Who has been given the moniker “The Burnley Express”?
- What was the hair-related sobriquet given to Roberto Baggio?
- Which cycling great was known as “The Cannibal”?
- Who was “The Baltimore Bullet”?
- Snooker player Ronnie O’Sullivan enjoys which speedy moniker?
- American actor Dwayne Johnson is better known by which name?
Round 2 Answers
- Silicon Valley
- James Anderson
- The Divine Ponytail
- Eddie Merckx
- Michael Phelps
- The Rocket
- The Rock
Round 3 Questions
- Marshall Bruce Mathers III is better known by which name?
- Which “Real Deal” was an undisputed champion in both the cruiserweight and heavyweight divisions?
- Which American city is nicknamed “Mile High City”?
- Who is “The Modfather”?
- Which town is the self-styled “Bas Vegas”?
- Who is “The Honourable Member for the early 20th Century”?
- “Konman”, ‘The Louis Vuitton Don’, and “Yeezy”, but we call him what?
- Who was “Chairman of the Board”?
- Manchester City goal machine, Aguero takes what Japanese carton nickname?
- Which nickname did actress Scarlett Johansson describe as tacky, lazy and flippant?
Round 3 Answers
- Evander Holyfield
- Paul Weller
- Jacob Rees-Mogg
- Kanye West
- Frank Sinatra