Literature Quiz Questions
Which creature features on the adult edition of “The Chamber of; Secrets”?
Which fictional detective is assisted by Captain Hastings?
Who wrote “The Firm” and “The Pelican Brief”?
“The Blade Artist” was the sequel to which 1996 best-selling novel?
What is the first name~of the novelist A. S. Byatt?
In “Alice in Wonderland” what price did the Mad Hatter have on his’ hat?
Who co-wrote “Some Other Rainbow” with Jill Morrell?
In which country is the beginning of “The Thorn Birds” set?
Which former Beirut hostage wrote, “An Evil Cradling”?
Which novel by Stieg Larsson was published posthumously in 2005 and became an international bestseller?
Round 1 Answers
- Hercule Poirot
- John Grisham
- 10/6 – the card is a price tag in ‘old’ English money
- John McCarthy
- Brian Keenan
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
- Which town is the main setting for the Cadfael novels?
- Part of whose life story is called “The Path to Power”?
- Who wrote the biography “Frank Sinatra: An American Legend”?
- Which alternative comedian wrote “Gridlock”?
- What was the job of Mellors in “Lady Chatterley’s Lover”?
- Under which pseudonym does Harry Paterson also write?
- Which comedy actress wrote, “When’s It Coming Out”?
- Which Mary Wesley novel transferred to TV with Felicity Kendal and Paul Eddington?
- Which suspense novelist was the cousin of horror movie actor Christopher Lee?
- What is the name of Bernard Cornwell’s hero, played on TV by Sean Bean?
Round 2 Answers
- Margaret Thatcher’s
- Nancy Sinatra
- Ben Elton
- Jack Higgins
- Maureen Lipman
- The Camomile Lawn
- Ian Fleming
- Which politician wrote “A Woman’s Place”?
- Who created the detective Maigret?
- Whose autobiography is called “Long Walk to Freedom”?
- Who wrote the tales on which the film “The Jungle Book” was based?
- In which country was the best—seller “Wild Swans” set?
- Which Oscar-winning scriptwriter wrote the novel “Snobs”?
- What was the name of Lord Peter Wimsey’s butler?
- What were the “Dogs of War” in Frederick Forsyth’s novel?
- Which novel by Victor Hugo became a long-running musical?
- The novel “The Sellout” earned which American author the 2016“ Booker Prize?
Round 3 Answers
- Edwina Currie
- Georges Simenon
- Nelson Mandela
- Rudyard Kipling
- Julian Fellowes
- Les Miserables
- Paul Beatty