British Films Quiz Questions and Answers
Round 1 Questions
Who directed the film in which a Mumbai boy is accused of cheating in agame show?
For which film did Katharine Hepburn win the first best actress BAFTA?
- In “Love Actually” what is the name of Rowan Atkinson’s jewellery salesman?
Who played opposite Dirk Bogarde in “Doctor at Sea”?
Who directed “Four Weddings and a Funeral”?
Which Ealing comedy was based on Roy Horniman’s “Noblesse Oblige”?
In the 2006 film, where is the Casino Royale?
Who was the most prolific writer of “Carry On” scripts?
In which film did Maggie Smith call her girls “The creme de la creme”?
Which Carry On film was (very) loosely based on the Scarlet Pimpernel?
Round 1 Answers
- Danny Boyle
- Lion Winter
- Brigitte Bardot
- Mike Newell
- Kind Hearts and Cornets
- Talbot Rothwell
- Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
- Don’t Lose Your Head
Round 2 Questions
In which Alec Guinness film does a bank clerk carry out a bullion robbery?
Who played Denis Thatcher in “The Iron Lady”?
In which Boulting Brothers film did Ian Carmichael star as a graduate who starts work in a factory and causes a national strike?
Which musical was “the most non‘U subject ever to be given a U certificate”?
Who directed “Educating Rita” and “Shirley Valentine”?
Which British film was the first non-French film to win the prestigious Palme d’Or at the Cannes Film Festival in 1949?
- In which city does “The Italian Job” take place?
On what instrument is the music for the film “Genevieve” played?
Who was played by Daniel Day-Lewis in “My Left Foot”?
Who played Miss Haversham in David Lean’s “Great Expectations”?
Round 2 Answers
- Lavender Hill Mob
- Jim Broadbent
- I’m All Right Jack
- Lewis Gilbert
- Third Man
- Christy Brown
- Martita Hunt
Round 3 Questions
- In which film was Anne Bancroft writing to a London bookseller?
- What is John Gordon Sinclair called in the credits to “Gregory’s Girl”?
- “The Last Emperor” was a collaboration on film between Britain and which two other countries?
- In which Will Hay movie does he play a haunted stationmaster?
- Who plays Peter’s father in Kenneth Branagh’s “Peter’s Friends”?
- Who starred opposite Cliff Richard in “Summer Holiday”?
- Who played hitman Ray in “In Bruges”?
- What was the alternative title of “Dr Strangelove”?
- Who turned down the role of T. E. Lawrence in “Lawrence of Arabia”?
- Which film opens with the dedication “No man’s life can be encompassed in one telling”?
Round 3 Answers
- 84 Charing Cross Road
- Gordon John Sinclair
- Italy, China
- Oh, Mr Porter!
- Richard Briers
- Lauri Peters
- Collin Farrell
- How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
- Albert Finney